Friday 31 August 2012

Littlewick Show 2012


A rather dismal summer probably explained why crowds and entries seemed down at Littlewick Show this year. However for our family it has always been a special event with mum running the horse show for many years, and she is now a vice president. Now as mum faces a big operation it came as a welcome distraction and a chance to enjoy an afternoon out in the late English summer, although the weather had a distinctly autumnal feel to it.

I discovered that I really like dahlias this year. The colours and symmetry were amazing!

 
It would have been rude not to have enjoyed an ice cream, although I think my niece Anna is a lot more photogenic with an ice cream than I am :)



I caught the Wagstaff family looking at something, although Anna seemed totally unbothered by it with marsh mellows being far more important!


It is always nice to observe the special relationship between little Anna and granny. I am not sure who was explaining what to who! :)


2 comments:

  1. AWESOME photo's! I am well impressed! The portrait of Anna with the ice cream is beautifully shot and framed and I love the "documentary style" family shots - you have really captured the love and the relationship bonds between everyone so well! And the flowers are so delicately exposed, lit and framed, a really amazing set of very different subjects and styles all in one afternoon! You should be well proud!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you have now seen my contenders for the photography class "Littlewick Show" for 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete