Friday 25 May 2012

A Visit to Cornwall


I had a very brief but wonderful trip to Cornwall. I arrived at 7:00 in the evening and was on the way back home 7:45 the next morning.


The tiny village of St Anthony-in-Meneage was the location, and the church in picture was next door to the cottage we stayed in. The church apparently has  no electricity and is lit by candlelight.


I hadn't been to Cornwall for more than 30 years and I was taken by the breath taking beauty of the place.


The purpose of my trip was to collect my mum who had spent a lovely few days staying with friends on holiday.


I have always loved looking at boats moored by the sea, and on a sunny day like I had it sometimes easy to forget just how hard and dangerous it can be for those who make a living on the sea.


The last time I would have had a photo taken with mum in Cornwall I would have been maybe 10 years old :) All these photos were taken within a 50 metre radius...

No comments:

Post a Comment