Friday 18 May 2012

Dinner Cruise on The River Thames


Sometimes a night out can turn out to be unexpectedly brilliant. I used one of the voucher sights on the Internet to buy dinner cruise tickets on The Thames and you never know what kind of boat you will get and how good the food will be, but on this occasion the boat and dinner were excellent. Well myself and my friend Michele enjoyed a lovely evening. After recent events it was exactly what I needed and the lesson learned is that it is important even through challenging times to realise life carriers on and to do good things whenever possible. We are only here once...


Our boat arrived early evening ay Westminster Pier with the London Eye providing a lovely backdrop.


Every nice occasion requires a partner in crime and Michele raises a glass at the start of the evening, and soon followed by me :)




The HMS Belfast has fascinated me since childhood and I remember my dad telling me just how far the the guns could fire, and was always nervous when we were within range!


The Tower of London, home to the Crown Jewels, and for me the inspiration behind a gorgeous song by The Alarm, "The Day The Ravens Left The Tower". Let's hope that never happens as legend says the kingdom will fall if this happens.


My final school trip ended up in Greenwich in and around The Cutty Shark and I remember spending most of the day in the pub experiencing the delights of getting drunk. These days I fully appreciate the awesome historical wonder of the boat.


The Greenwich maritime museum and gateway to the observatory where time begins and the whole world follows...


The O2 Arena, originally The Millennium Dome. The last time I went there was to see Green Day in concert. IWe got a great view of the Arena as the river seems to pretty much completely surround it and Canary Wharf provides a stunning nighttime backdrop.


And as we headed back to Westminster we got to see Tower Bridge illuminated at night, which looked amazing, although they could have opened it for us! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic evening! You lucky thing :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're getting your ya-yas out. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete