Monday 31 October 2011

Datchet With My New Toy


I took out my new super duper Lumix FZ-45 camera in Datchet to play with. I went out snapping with my great friend Jules who is showing me the ropes and making the whole newly found hobby a whole lot of fun. I took loads of photos, and decided to present a slightly different view of the beautiful village of Datchet from my own view point. It was interesting as to how many different signs there were with the word "Datchet" with the train station being one of them. One advantage of being on foot was when walking over the level crossing I was able to get up close and really personal with the railway.


The River Thames runs through the village and it's a beautiful setting, and there was an interesting close up view of leaves in the water with a nice rippling water effect.


Birds and ducks were out in force along the towpath outnumbering the small numbers of humans.


The church spire of St. Mary the Virgin. Standing under a tree in the graveyard I attempted to capture some kind of idea of the sheer size of such spires.


This is my "Doctor Who" photo as this amazing headstone reminded me of the "Weeping Angels".


And although Winter is not too far away and the clocks have gone back giving us darkness by 5:00, there is still plenty of gorgeous colour everywhere.



1 comment:

  1. Loving your work! I find it SO interesting how we were sometimes drawn to the exact same things, and other times had a completely different idea in mind, it was fun AND educational for both of us, thats a Win WIN! :)

    ReplyDelete