Sunday 3 July 2011

Goodwood Festival of Speed


I can't really be described as a car enthusiast... As long as my car gets me from A to B then I am content. However an opportunity to go to the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2011 with VIP passes came along and it would have been silly to turn something like that down.


The weather was stunning and there was the added bonus of being able to retreat to hospitality to cool down with the free refreshments on offer as well as having a Sunday roast and afternoon tea. I could certainly get used to such a lifestyle :o)


I wish I was a little more knowledgeable about the sport as I am sure I rubbed shoulders with a number of famous drivers, but I did see Lewis Hamilton and got very close to Brian May from Queen.


The cars were pretty impressive and if I do have a preference I think the older cars are beautiful machines...


The festival caters for everyone and not surprisingly the Formula 1 cars are extremely popular and loud!


The various classes of car took centre stage and the pictures don't show just how fast they are going making taking pictures quite tricky!


Up in the air the display by a Vulcan Bomber was pretty impressive too, maybe an air show is next on the to do list?


Unfortunately by the time we got to cricket pitch where the motor cycles and bmx bikes were performing incredible jumps and stunts the battery on my camera had died. These riders were the stars of the show for me, and they are absolutely insane doing what they do on these bikes!

1 comment: